PHASED SUPERVISION OF PLUMBING APPRENTICES PURSUANT TO AND CONSISTENT WITH 0AR 918-690-085
1. The apprentice works subject to the supervision of an appropriate journeyman plumber who is immediately available to the apprentice by voice communication, but not necessarily physically present, provided:
- An appropriate journeyman plumber meets with the apprentice at least once each day to go over work done by the apprentice, with the meeting taking place Either at the immediate work site or away from the work site.
- The activity is consistent with the JATC’s work requirements
- Only one apprentice plumber shall be working at work site, and;
The apprentice: Engages in water heater replacement or conversion after completing at least two periods of apprentice training, appropriate related training and successful evaluation from the JATC in the type of work.
Engages in minor repairs in one or two family dwellings after completing at least three periods of apprenticeship training, appropriate related training and successful evaluation from the JATC in the type of work.
Engages in general repairs, maintenance and replacement of existing plumbing after completing at least four periods of apprentice training, appropriate related training and successful evaluation from the JATC in the type of work.
Engages in new or remodel installations after completing at least five periods of apprentice training; appropriate training, and successful evaluation from the JATC in the type of work.
CRITERIA FOR PHASED SUPERVISION:Application to the Area I Plumbers JATC shall be made by the apprentice seeking specific approval (s) on a form furnished by the committee.
I. The apprentice must have maintained a 3.0 GPA or better grade average, and passed all courses to date of application.
2.The apprentice must have received the recommendation of:
(a) A related training instructor.
(b) An Oregon licensed Journeyman plumber.
(c) The apprentice’s training agent.
3. The apprentice must demonstrate to the committee’s satisfaction sufficient on the job experience in the specific work categories requested. This is to be accomplished by a spiral bound notebook. This note book is to be kept for 30 days immediately prior to the JATC meeting and is to include job-related activities including job numbers where applicable.
APPRENTICE REQUIRED TO:
Maintain a spiral bound logbook showing the daily meetings with appropriate journeyman plumber including:
- Name of Journeyman plumber.
- Place of meeting.
- Time of meeting.
- Any other specifics which may be relative to the functions of supervision including job references and work process.
The apprentice’s logbook shall be available upon demand for review by:
- The JATC.
- Any Builders Board Inspector.
- Any local or state Plumbing Inspector.
- Any official of the Building Codes Division State of Oregon.
The following penalties may be imposed by the Area I JATC on its apprentices and training agents for violations of OAR 918 690 085.
- TRAINING AGENT
- 1st. Violation
- 6 months probation
- 6 months probation
- 2nd. Violation
- 6 months hold on new apprentices
(In a 2-year period)
- 6 months hold rerate
- 3rd. Violation
- Indefinite cancellation of Phased
- Cancellation of Phased
for entire term of apprentice.
- 4th. Violation
- 1-year cancellation training
- Cancellation of agreement for
failure to progress
CALL APPRENTICESHIP OFFICE TO REQUEST AN APPLICATION